On average we work 260 days per year.
Donate Your Day empowers us to donate the salary of just one of these days to help and care for children who have been caught up in conflict.
Children affected by war are subject to unimaginable trauma, displaced from their home and robbed of their childhood. They are also placed at increased risk of abuse and exploitation such as being recruited by armed groups and being forced into child marriage or child labour.
Education is critical to help keep these children safe. By taking part in Donate Your Day you could personally support a child’s education, providing them with stability and allowing them to gain knowledge and skills that increase their chances of accessing opportunities in the future.
In 2022, Donate Your Day will not be limited to just one date, so please reach out to find out more about when and how we might work together to champion the movement at a time that best suits your organisation.
What you'll get from us
War Child will be here every step of the way to make Donate Your Day a really simple and effective fundraising activity for your team. We will provide a comprehensive communications toolkit to help engage staff and shout about your involvement.
This toolkit will include:
- Social media assets that are easy to co-brand to talk publicly about your involvement in Donate Your Day.
- PowerPoint slides to help tell your staff about the movement and get them involved. We would always be happy to present this on a zoom call as well.
- Email templates to help you with staff engagement.
- Suggested activities on how to mark the occasion in the office or virtually with your staff.
Why your organisation should take part
- Join a CSR movement – Donate Your Day is a ready-made Corporate Responsibility programme.
- Come together and join our Donate Your Day panel event hosted by War Child for all participants (details to follow).
- Receive an Impact Report demonstrating the difference your organisation has made.
Get in touch
The model of Donate Your Day is flexible and can be extended to as many of your colleagues and executed alternatively on a day that suits you best. If you are interested in Donate Your Day please fill out the below form and we'll send you an activity pack with all the information you need.
Alternatively, you can email us with any questions you may have at [email protected].