On 21st February, Parliament will vote on whether to back an immediate ceasefire in Gaza and Israel. Please ensure they vote to protect children.
Five things you can ask of your local MP, of Foreign Secretary Lord Cameron, and of Labour Shadow Foreign Secretary David Lammy MP.
- Call for a #ceasefireNOW as the ONLY way of protecting children and getting them the aid they need
- Call for the immediate release of all Palestinian and Israeli detainees and hostages
- Call for the safe passage of aid to all children in need, throughout all of Gaza
- Call for ALL those who have committed violations of international humanitarian law to be held accountable. This means both the armed Palestinian groups that carried out the attacks on 7 October AND the Israeli government, as reported by the UN Secretary-General, UN High Commissioner on Human Rights and other independent experts.
- Call for the UK to immediately suspend arms sales to all parties in the conflict, at least for as long as they continue to violate international humanitarian law.
Contact MP's by email and social media and ask them to take action.
Donate to children in Gaza
Children in Gaza are living through an unprecedented crisis. Relentless bombing, fighting and destruction has left tens of thousands of children homeless, injured, and terrified for their lives. War Child staff and partners are doing everything they can to support families but supplies in Gaza are extremely limited and there’s nowhere near enough to go around. A donation from you could help provide hygiene kits, mental health support and warm clothes. The needs of children will be huge, and we can’t do it without you.