What difference can one person make?
See what happens when you get a girl out
of an army uniform and into a school one.
- She has nightmares
- She’s already seen so much in her life.
- She’s been made to do some terrible things.
- She can’t go home because of them.
- She’s fought in bloody battles.
- She’s been robbed of her childhood. And the education that can build her future.
- She’s going to live in poverty.
Do you believe in second chances?
Swap the uniforms below to see what a girl could do with hers...
- She’s safe.
- She’s being taken care of in a nurturing environment.
- She’s getting the education every child deserves.
- She’s been welcomed and forgiven by her community.
- She’s learning the skills she needs to provide for herself and her family.
- She’s got independence.
- She’s going to be a nurse. Or a teacher. Or the next President.
- She has dreams
Now you've changed one person's life, see how that difference can spread...
- When women and girls earn income, they reinvest 90% of it into their families, as compared to only 30 to 40% for a man.
- When a girl in the developing world receives seven or more years of education, she marries four years later and has 2.2 fewer children.
- In some countries, a child born to a literate mother is TWICE as likely to live beyond their fifth birthday.
This will be the most incredible
thing you do today.
Make a difference to one person that changes their whole life.
Just £30 could help put a girl in a school uniform for a whole year.
The difference you've already made to three people: