War Child takes the privacy and security of your data seriously.
We comply with all current guidance on Data Protection in line with the content of the Data Protection Act 1998. The full content of the Act can be found here.
Our promise to you:
- War Child will only ever ask you for personal information that is required for us to complete our work.
- We will store your data securely (both physically and digitally). It will only be accessible by staff who require it to complete their duties.
- We will be open with you about how we intend to use your data.
- You may request information on the data War Child holds about you at any time.
- We will never pass on your details to third parties other than those who provide financial services on our behalf.
- We will ensure all financial transactions with War Child are safe and secure.
- When we work with third parties that may need to use your data (i.e. for e-commerce) we will ensure that their data protection policies are safe and secure.
If you have any questions please call 020 7916 9276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Like almost all sites, ours uses basic cookies. These make sure the site works properly. For example we use Google Analytics tracking to measure the number of visitors to our site and to see which content people find the most interesting.
We also use basic Facebook and Twitter cookies to make sure that the 'Like' buttons work properly.
Third-party companies may collect and use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your choices in relation to not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp In our case, we use a tracking cookie on our donations pages so we can test the 'conversion rate' of some of our web banner ads.
We don't use any advertising cookies that track your journey after you visit our site, and we do not collect any data about you to pass on to any third parties.