Our Press Pack gives an overview of War Child's work both in conflict-affected countries and in the UK. Download a copy of our Press pack here.
Contact us on 020 7916 9276. In the past we have provided spokespeople for television, radio and press features concerning the plight of children in conflict-affected countries.
For out of hours media enquiries call our CEO Rob on o773o 126o12.
We have a gallery of images that can be used to portray our work online or in print.
Visit our Flickr page for a sample. Please contact us before using any of the images hosted on Flickr.
Case studies of our work
See our Stories section for examples of the kinds of case studies we can provide. Please note that our child protection guidelines prevent us from providing face-to-camera photographs of many of the children featured in our case studies.
The Times Christmas Appeal 2011
We were honoured to be chosen to benefit from The Times Christmas Appeal in 2011. The paper sent its journalists to Congo, Uganda, Iraq and Afghanistan to visit our work on the ground for themselves. The articles they wrote are listed below:
- Charity profile: War Child
- Children who learn lessons from the horrors of war - Congo
- Yes, you can build hope in hell - Congo
- Children whose hearts dance at prospect of going to school - Uganda
- Seven months after Nargis was married at 15 years old, the beating started - Afghanistan
- Charity gives new hope to teenage girls of Kinshasa’s squalid streets - Congo
- Abducted and forced to marry a crazed warlord – but I survived - Uganda
- Smile that symbolises an unlikely success after a punishing start in life - Iraq
- British charity works to help children of women jailed for being raped - Afghanistan
- Charity gives hope to generation conflict - Iraq